LOOKING FOR PASSIONATE INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
MULTI-UNIT LEADERSHIP PREFERRED
We are looking for experienced leaders to join our talented team where we inspire children to be lifelong learners through our high growth early childhood education business. We are looking for candidates that are as passionate about the growth and development as we are.
PARTICIPATE IN OUR PROFIT SHARE PROGRAM!
Effective your first day, all Otter Learning Operations team members will be able to participate in the Company’s profit share bonus program. We are calling this program, the Profit-Sharing Program because it allows you to do just that, earn a percentage of the profit for each school you support! In speaking with many you and others in the industry, we believe this is the best approach for the following reasons:
- Orients all team members towards running a “healthy business” that allows the Company to reinvest back into the schools and the team
- Aligns all stakeholders and allows directors, regionals and corporate team to think and act as owners of their schools and make strategic decisions that they will benefit directly from
- Each school is at a different stage in its development. By focusing on profitability, we eliminate any disparity between schools that are at full capacity and brand-new schools
- After assessing our existing format, we found that it was not as straightforward as it should be and did not provide the same material incentive as a profit-sharing model
What you bring as a Team Member:
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the accounting of Otter Learning and its parent company, Lunchline Holdings. Carries out supervisory responsibilities for accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, external auditing and monthly financial reporting activities, budgeting, acquisition funding and reporting and compliance with all internal controls. Reports directly to CEOs of Otter Learning and managing partners of Lunchline Holdings.
Our promise to you:
We take pride in our work and that includes our Team. Without you, we could not provide the high level of care we are known for! To ensure you have the support you need to focus on the important job we promise to provide:
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- In-house training and educational assistance
- Tuition discount for your own children
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Team player who takes pride in themselves and their job performance
- Willingness to work in fast-paced, high growth environment
- Maintains a positive work attitude and assists whenever possible
- Oversees a 3-4 person bookkeeping and procurement team
- Responsible for working alongside 3rd party tax
- Responsible for all required monthly and year-end financial statements with support including reconciled account balances, third-party audit confirmations and compliance GAAP
- Ensures all month-end journal entries are recorded, allocated properly, accounts reconciled and any outstanding issues tracked, reported and resolved timely, all in compliance with internal control policies
- Comfortable with purchase price allocation and tracking of scheduled interest and principal payments
- Prepares strategic analysis to inform Executives on near, medium and long objectives
- Delegates and trains accounting team on performing new tasks in a repeatable efficient process
- Manages the calendar of reporting requirement to CEOs for completion and submission of the annual and monthly program budgets, budget revisions and financial status reports to ensure all deadlines will be met
- Prepares/reviews the various monthly financial reports, including budget variance reports, prior to submission to management to ensure that information is accurate and explanations prepared to support decision making
- Updates the chart of accounts to ensure that systems and structures are in place to accommodate new grants and/or new reporting needs
- Ensures that required electronic filing (eFiling) of 1099 information is processed accurately and within required deadline
- Determines compliance with contractual requirements and provides technical assistance
- Demonstrates good interpersonal relationships with customers, fellow employees and supervisors.
- Works collaboratively with all team members
- Maintains confidentiality regarding departmental and company matters
- Promotes a positive image of the company in the community
- Advocates for children and families in support of the company's mission and goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with emphasis in accounting
- Accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility, with specific experience with a multi-site operator requiring roll up financials. CPA preferred
- Multi-site P&L experience preferred
- Familiarity with Real Estate accounting procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with fund accounting systems and Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting system
- Proactive leader with efficient, process oriented focus
- Ability to establish good rapport with staff, administration, funding sources, auditors, etc.
- Ability to work well under stress and pressure of deadlines
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills required